Monday, November 12, 2007

Writers block

I'm not a writer, yet can't think of anything good to post. I've now started my third post because I can't form a complete thought on the other two. So maybe I'll just post some random things and can blog about them later, if I care to do so...

  • Got a call at 7am this morning from the president of the sorority I advise telling me one of the fraternity houses caught fire over night. No one was hurt and none of our girls were in the house--thankfully!

  • Went to church for the first time on Sunday in over a month. We just moved into a big new building. Last week was the first week. On a normal Sunday in the old building, we'd have 2200 people at 5 different service times. Last week, new building, 4 service times, 3500 people. What?!?!

  • I can't wait for next week's topic at church where we bust the myth 'sex is dirty'. It's going to be good as the guy teaching is my friend who tells it to me straight and can tell when I'm lying. Think surfer/skater guy. =)

  • My roommate told me she's engaged this morning. It's about time as she's been ready to be engaged for over 2 years...and has only been dating the guy for a year and a half.

  • I'm realizing how small the world really is. Keep up with me on this one...met a guy through his blog (the dork) who introduced me to his friend (the red head) who worked on another blog with guys who live in my town (and have the same first name) who are starting a business with an author/blogger (PT) who I met on Saturday. That's not it...here's where it gets super small. I saw on Facebook that a guy I went to college with was friends with one of the same name guys. Very random connection, so I messaged my college friend to ask how he knew same name guy. He says he knew him because he had a client who was in business with the same name guy. Who was that client? The author/blogger PT! There are 800 miles that separate College Guy from where I now live (which is where PT lives too). Let's spice it up a bit more and share that College Guy was my date to a sorority party one time and his cousin is one of my sorority sisters. That damn 'It's a Small World' song is running through my mind!! Freaky!

  • I have people from work who have friended me on FB and I don't want to be their friends. Awkward...



Alright, I think that's enough randomness for the evening. I'm doing well on posting each day for NaBloPoMo, but if they aren't quality...should it count? =)

1 comment:

Robin said...

That makes me glad that I haven't come across any co-workers on FB.