Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Counting down the days...

Alright...I've just seen 2 commercials for the upcoming holiday season and was just at Walgreens where all the holiday candy is ready. You'd think I was talking about Thanksgiving, right? Not so much...Christmas. Seriously! Why is it that we can't enjoy one holiday season at a time, in chronological order? Halloween was just one week ago and we've still got 7 weeks before December 25. I just don't get it. Valentine's day stuff will be here before we know it.

I am counting down the days, but only to my trip to Orlando. Very little business and a LOT of pleasure! Only 161 days to go...but who's counting?

For your enjoyment of the upcoming holiday, I've included a pic from my personal collection. I was driving on the highway when I thought it was snowing...in late September. Nope, it was just turkey feathers from the truck o' turkeys. It makes me sad to think where they were going. However, I'm now counting down the days to some deep fried turkey as we have EVERY YEAR! It's the best!

2 comments:

Betty Underground said...

I fee your holiday pain... this morning, my wonderful cup of morning love was presented in a hideous holiday outfitted to go cup!

Found you through NaBloPoMo!

Great read!

Zee said...

I worked in retail for a number of years in the stockroom. We would start getting Holiday stuff in June. It was insane and totally made me hate the holidays because I'd have to deal with all the boxes we didn't have room for. Those turkeys make me sad, but what'cha gonna do?