Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hostess with the mostess

I've had such a great day, despite getting out of bed at 6am. I had a small group of friends come over to watch multiple episodes of "Arrested Development". Sure, that alone sounds fun, but imagine watching it on a 8 foot screen (ok...it was really on my wall) and having tons of food and you've got yourself a super-duper party.

I love hosting people and enjoy doing little things and making things look nice. For instance, we had a huge spread of food including homemade chili, veggies and dips, brownies, chips and salsa, beer bread and apple cake. YUM!!!

Now, here's the best part...I told everyone I had a surprise that I'd bring out after a while. **I love building anticipation!** If you've ever seen "Arrested Development" you probably know that about the frozen banana stand that the family owns. So I found a recipe and made frozen, chocolate dipped bananas with nuts, on a stick, of course. They were a hit and everyone loved them. Super easy and very yummy!!!

Today was a good day, but I'm exhausted now and ready for bed. I've got a full day tomorrow and need my rest. =)

No comments: