Saturday, November 24, 2007

The post you've all been waiting for...

Alright, I'm finally getting to the music post I've teased ya'll about for so long. Really, I have no rhyme or reason to this post, other than sharing some of my favorite music with you. Leave me a comment with some favorite artists/songs of yours I should check out.

Getting ready for a night on the town. These are the songs I crank up and dance around the apartment to...
*******************************************
Til I Get to You & Can'tneverdidnothin' by Nikka Costa ***She's supa dupa funky!
It Ain't Easy & Punish Me by Aranda. ***I went to high school with these guys. They signed with Sony and got screwed over. Love them, their families and their music. They hold a very special place in my heart.
Ch-Check It Out by Beastie Boys. This group is freaking amazing! Love them!!!
Oye Como Va, by Santana.
Run It! by Chris Brown
Ain't No Other Man, by Christina Aguilera
One, Two Step by Ciara
Little Bit of Life by Craig Morgan. ***I'm not into Country at all, but love singing this song!
I Believe in a Thing Called Love, by The Darkness
Good Lovin, by Blackstreet
Pump It, by Black Eyed Peas
Glamorous, by Fergie
Holla! by G. Love
Stranger by Hillary Duff ****Yes, I like Hillary Duff! Ha ha!
I Need You Tonight, by INXS
Canned Heat by Jamiroquai
Do it Well by Jennifer Lopez
Tell Me 'Bout It & Some Kind Of Wonderful by Joss Stone
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
Like I Love You by Justin Timberlake ***Just about anything by JT could be on this list.
Stronger by Kanye West
Smile by Lily Allen
Extraordinary by Liz Phair
Love Today by Mika
Back to the Hotel by N2Deep ***This was the anthem for my high school days. I told you I'm from the ghetto!
Love Like This by Natasha Bedingfield
Ride Wit Me by Nelly
New Shoes by Paolo Nutini
Ditty by Paperboy **Another high school song.
Gin and Juice by Phish
Party Started by P!nk
Ignition (Remix)& I'm a Flirt (Remix) by R Kelly
Shut Up and Drive by Rihanna
Ain't Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph
When I Get You Alone & Brand New Jones & Everything I Can't Have by Robin Thicke
Tangled Up In Me by Skye Sweetman
Nuthin But A G' Thing by Snoop Dogg
Crank That by Soulja Boy****Learn the dance. Find it here!
Something Like That by Tim McGraw
The Way I Are by Timbaland
Changes by Tupac
Nice and Slow (Remix) by Usher

Slowing it down...Sometimes you just need a good 'slow' mix, for whatever reason!
*******************************************
Wait for You, but Elliott Yamin
Hard Habit to Break, by Chicago
Big Girls Don't Cry, by Fergie
One More Try by George Michael
You Give Me Something by James Morrison
Fire and Rain by James Taylor
Heaven by Jamie Foxx
Sleeping to Dream by Jason Mraz ***I think I want to marry Jason Mraz. He's deep...check out his blog.
Comfortable by John Mayer **I wanted to hate John Mayer when I heard he was going out with Jessica. Now that they're not together anymore, I can like his music again.
Talk to Me & Look At Me by Keri Noble ***I stumbled across this artist from Minneapolis (I think). Good stuff.
Again by Lenny Kravitz **Lenny defines HOTNESS!
Everything by Lifehouse
We Belong Together by Mariah Carey
Be Without You by Mary J. Blige
Unwell by Matchbox Twenty
So Sick by NeYo
What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts
Hate that I Love You by Rihanna
The Stupid Things by Robin Thicke
Together Forever by Shai ***Takes me back again to high school. This was the first CD I ever bought. I still have it
All I Do by Somethin' for the People **This is from college and was a staple when hanging out with my friends
Weak by SWV
Apologize (Featuring OneRepublic) by Timbaland***Definitely check this out! Great song!!!
With or Without You by U2
You Make Me Wanna by Usher

Artists you should check out, just because I said so...
*******************************************
Amos Lee--Amazing acoustic music. His first CD, Amos Lee, is better than the second one.
Arrested Development--new CD called Since the Last Time. GREAT and GROOVY!
Chris Joss--You've Been Spiked (sounds like Oceans Eleven music)
Colbie Caillat--Entire CD, titled Coco, is amazing!
G. Love (with or without Special Sauce)--Lemonade is a great album. Get it!
Robin Thicke--A Beautiful Life (his first, and better, album) and The Evolution of Robin Thicke, which is the one that's hit big recently.
James Morrison--Undiscovered (CD title)...kinda like a Gavin Degraw sound, but better...
Mika--Life in Cartoon Motion...this is my 'happy' CD right now. Good stuff!


Alright, that was entirely too long, but seriously, I love music and love sharing what I like even more. Hope you find something new on the list...

2 comments:

Betty Underground said...

A girl after my own heart!

Check these out:

Cody Chestnutt - A mix of G.Love and The Roots
Veruca Salt
Paramore
Angels & Airways - the other Blink 182 project

Also, there is this insanely fantastic indie music fest in Palm Springs the end of April - Coachella - that is SO WORTH THE TRIP!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! When I saw Rihanna I knew that I had to break and read all of the music.. You have some good taste.. One of my favorites when I go out is Destiny's Child..

"Ladies LEAVE your man at home, the club is full of ballers and their pockets full grown, and all you fellows leave your girl with a friend, cause it's a 11:30 and the Club is Jumpin Jumpin" That bumps while getting ready all the way up to we get in the Club..LOL!!!!!