Sunday, February 10, 2008

What's keeping me up at night

I went to bed around 2:30am last night and was up around 7am this morning. Some may blame it on the coffee I had at 10pm, but not me. I think the culprit are all the thoughts running through my mind.

  • Hung out with a friend last night who is toying with the idea of moving to CA with me. See, I'm not the only one crazy! As we talked, she said she's sick of the weather/snow (can I get an AMEN?) and is ready to do something different. I told her, you know...this whole thing with me may not work out, but I figure why not try it out. I have a back up plan...actually, I have a few, so there's a bit of a safety net, but I'm actually pretty confident this is going to be more than I ever dreamed. Super excited at the thought of having someone move out West with me. Really hope it happens!

  • She and I started looking at places to live. Whew--draining, especially as we don't know the area very well. I've lived in pretty bad places and want to make sure I'm in a safe neighborhood. Costs are double to triple what we pay in Madison, which is scary, but I hear ramon noodles are pretty good, right?

  • I'm debating getting a new bed and have found the perfect one. It's beautiful, REAL wood, super good deal and I've even seen it in person as a girlfriend just got it. My current bed is not going to make another move so I thought, well, I'll just wait until I move to get a new one. However, at this good of a deal, I'm afraid I may not find something as good when the time comes. I'm really thinking about getting it...yeah, I'm going to get it!

  • Saw "Juno" last night. Cute movie with lots of life lessons in it, including:
    --Relationships are confusing.
    --Doing the right thing isn't always easy.
    --Sometimes you have to be completely honest with those you love, even if it hurts.
    --How many times can you run away from love before you let it tackle you?
    --When someone stirs up something great inside of you, don't confuse the new 'life passion' with passion for that person.
    --"In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person will still think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with." True dat!


I have lots of things I'm working on now and each day I'm getting more and more excited about the new life that will start in a few months with my move to CA. It will be here before I know it and I can't wait! ;)

No comments: