Monday, February 25, 2008

Getting mental

I just completed my last student conference with my job and will be meeting with all of our staff next week for our annual meeting, which will be my last time with them. Wow--tearing up a bit as I type this.

As excited as I am to move on to a new and amazing opportunity, I can't believe how much I've grown and how far I've come since I started my job almost 4 years ago. It hasn't always been easy and there have been times I didn't want to get out of bed to face the day of work ahead, but I don't think I would've changed any of it.

I'm starting to mentally prepare myself for my time in Orlando. It's going to be great (nice resort, hanging with friends, a day at Disney) but it's also going to signify the beginning of the end. It's going to be hard.

My boss isn't one to express himself with words. Last year, as he presented me with an award (which I didn't expect at all), he couldn't even say anything...which really showed me how much he thought of me. I really don't look forward to hearing what he has to say. Funny, I even tried to talk to him this past weekend about when I'd finish my time and he said we'd play it by ear as it gets closer. He's been a great mentor for me and I really respect him.

I've missed posting lately, but life's been busy and internet has been limited. This week is going to be crazy, but I've got a few other posts that I hope to push out. Good things that have been running through my mind lately. It'll be good to get them out into words, to reflect and process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaving a job, when you like the people you work with can be tough. It definitely sounds like your boss appreciates you. And closer to Orlando...yay for relaxation!!