Saturday, February 9, 2008

I have an addiction

There's something about shoes that make me feel sexy. Wait, not just shoes...heels. I bought a few more pair this week and thought I should document this, in case I become a recovering addict at some point:
I'm going to have a hard time finding an apartment big enough for me and my shoes when I move West. And no, I will not part with my shoes. I wear them all and am a great bargin shopper. Three of the pair I bought this last week were under $10 and are GREAT shoes. At that price, I can afford it. Besides, the confidence it brings me when I wear them is priceless!

I've also done some shopping over the past 2 weeks as my clothes aren't fitting anymore. I've dropped 1-2 sizes and want clothes that fit and fit well. Again, I'm a bargin shopper and won't give away my secrets (at least not publicly), but check out this dress. What do you think?

Dressing well just makes me feel better...more feminine...more confident. Jeans are definitely a staple in my wardrobe, but I'll wear a dark pair with a cute top, jewelry, blazer, heels and a great purse. I'm trying to not wear my tennis shoes except at the gym/on the tennis courts and even have a 'cute' pair of casual/tennis shoes. Think retro. Those are the ones I go out in, not the real tennis shoes.

Accessories is where I need to explore a bit more. I wear the same earrings EVERY DAY. I have a few rings that I switch between. Wear the same watch, though I'm ready to get a new one. I like getting the 'fashion jewelry', you know...the colorful beaded necklaces and bracelets. What's nice about this is they are inexpensive, so you can get more and mix and match. The other accessory that I love is the purse. I just got a great white one for $15 (ask me where) that I know is going to last me a while. Yes, it's white, but here's the secret. Accesorize your purse by tying a scarf to it. You've seen it in all the fashion magazines, so you know it must be right. Everytime I do this, I get compliments out the wazoo, from strangers and friends!

I declare 2008 the year of the fashionista! Granted, it's hard to be a real fashionista when I'm in below freezing weather, but once I'm in CA, watch out world. The fashionista is here to stay!

1 comment:

Betty Underground said...

Oh, we should totally be shoe shopping buddies! The gals at DSW know me by name.

I have an addiction. Mine is a little more extreme because my heels run closer to the 4" mark. I can't stop buying them.

I think I need to go to the shoe store now. Just thinking about it makes me *need* a new pair!