Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rough night ahead

Wow! As my staff conference is coming to a close, it just hit me that this is my last night with all of my staff. I'm sitting in the meeting room right now as they are all group together in discussion over the major conferences that for 4 years, I've played a major part in pulling off. I'd say 60% of my job revolved around these conferences and now, it's 0%.

I've been asked by the guy taking over my position if he can contract me out to come back and help for the future conferences. I've said no. I've had multiple staff asking if I really want to leave. My answer's been yes. It's been a great 4 years, but it's time to move on.

I'll admit it, I've been a brat at times this week. That's my defense mechanism for the sadness stirring around inside. It's not a great one, but it's the way I work. I haven't participated in many discussions, not because I don't think my opinion is valued, because I know it is, but more so because this is hard.

I've come to love these people. I've loved serving them, answering questions, getting to know them, helping to make their jobs easier and growing with them. As I look around the room, I'm tearing up as it hits me...this is the beginning of the end.

I'm scared of what's in store for tonight. I've already got the waterproof mascara ready as I know there will be many tears shed.

No comments: