Friday, March 7, 2008

The perfect night

Tonight's been a good night. After the rough week I've had, I needed a good night. Hung out with some of my staff (the 'pledges' as we call them since they're first year staff), had a great meal and a few drinks, played catchphrase and laughed....a lot!

Add to that the weather for the evening. Heavy rain, lightning and even some thunder in there. I love the rain...the smell, the feel of the drops on my skin, the lightning in the sky and even the thunder. I was seeing a guy many years ago and I remember one time when it rained and we drove out to watch the lightning show. It was amazing. Once the lightning stopped, we got out and played in the rain...chased some frogs, played tag, danced and had a great time. It's one of the times I remember best as it was spontaneous and amazing.

I can hear the rain drops outside my window as it continues to rain. The sound is soothing and comforting. I love it. Off to sleep for me, to have the sounds of the rain lull me to sleep. A great way to end the night. ;)

No comments: