Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fear...part 2

After yesterday's post, something hit me. I can't let fear have power over me. Do I want this? Hell yes, I do. If I feel that strongly about it, I can't let anything stop me. I'm fighting for what I want, because if I don't...who will?

I remembered this quote from the Everyday Commitments book I've been posting about:
Fear thrives on powerlessness, the belief that we have no options. I definitely have options. I have the main/unconfirmed option, which is the one I want most. I now have a proposition option based on how that turns out, which has a plan B attached to it. I also have a back-up option, which would be OK, but not ideal and I even have the safety net option, which I really don't want to have to do, but know it's there if I need to.

Therefore, I shouldn't have fear, should I? I have PLENTY of options. What I'm most fearful about is not knowing which option I'll have to chase at this moment. But that shouldn't keep me from moving forward with the one I want most.

I feel powerful. I feel confident. I feel like fighting for the option I want most and I'm not going to stop until I get it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you you! You not only have a plan, but a Plan B and a backup plan. You'll be fine.