Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You call this customer service?

I'm convinced AT&T sold their soul to the devil. I bought a phone from them 2 months ago. A treo 680, which is what I wanted after doing my research for a month. I got it and it was great. Then, out of nowhere, one entire row of the keyboard quit working. I was on the phone with their 'people' for over an hour, doing resets, taking batteries in and out, etc. etc. Trying to figure out what was going on. They finally decided that they'd send me another one.

I got that phone and was having problems getting my work email on it. This also meant my calendar wasn't syncing to the Treo. I asked my IS people about it and they worked on it, but couldn't figure it out. They suggested I call AT&T. So I did...after being on the phone with them for an hour, trying to install an update, doing resets, etc., they suggest I call Palm for troubleshooting. So I do...and I'm on the phone with them for an hour, doing everything I did with AT&T. Their suggestion...call AT&T and tell them I need a phone with a specific code on the back. So I do...but not before going through resets, downloads and the like before they decide to send me another Treo. They even overnight it to me.

Woo hoo...the new Treo arrives, so now I have 2. I pull it out of the box, get it all set up and lo and behold, the same thing. The phone is not compatible for the update everyone keeps asking me to install. So I call AT&T...again, but of course they work me through, you guessed it, resets and more downloads. IT DOESN"T WORK PEOPLE!!! So now what...they send me a new phone..a Blackberry Curve.

Not excited about switching to BB, but I'll give it a shot. I get it today (I got Treo #3 yesterday and Treo #2 on Monday) and have been on the phone with AT&T 4 times today to get this set up.

Phone call 1 was because when I opened the box, it was not the Blackberry I requested (little detail..I want the red one, they sent silver). So I call. They tell me they can't send me the red one because they show I have 3 phones right now. IF THEY WOULD SEND ME A PHONE THAT WORKS, I'D ONLY HAVE ONE! Fine...I send back Treo #2 today and keep Treo #3 in case Blackberry doesn't work.

Phone call #2 was because they needed to switch me from a treo data plan to a blackberry plan. I asked multiple times if I was getting the same plan as I had previously and was told yes.

Phone call #3 was because AT&T called me to tell me they had me on the wrong plan and needed me to call back. WTF! Called, got it switched. Good to go...not yet...

Phone call #4--Email and Internet now not working on phone. I call...their explanation is that the system is updating so they can't see my info and I need to call back in 30 minutes. SERIOUSLY!!!!??????!?!??!?!??!?!

So, it's been over 30 minutes and I'm calling back. I'm to the point of asking for a manager to bitch them out. I can't believe this.

One more thing...my NEW macbook, which I love so much, is having keyboard issues. There have been more times then I can count on one hand when my keyboard has frozen up so I can't type anything, but I can mouse around and click on things.

Why is everything I touching breaking? I don't get it???!!! =(

No comments: