Friday, December 14, 2007

Planning for the unexpected

Confession...I like having a plan. This doesn't mean knowing what I'm going to do every minute of every day, but having an idea of what is going on is always important to me. This week, though, I've had many unexpected things happen, good and bad, and it's been exhausting.

I feel like I've gone a few rounds in the boxing ring (have I ever mentioned I wanted to be a boxer at one time?) and am beat down. After my experience with AT&T and my phone this week, I had a great meeting Wednesday and meet a fun guy. Things were starting to look up...then last night, my roommate came in to tell me my car had been broken in to while it was in our underground parking garage. Broken window and stereo's gone. Unexpected, especially since this was the 4th time it's happened in 4 years. I figured my bad luck had come to an end a while ago. I guess I was wrong.

So much has happened this week with unexpected things and it has taken a toll on me emotionally and physically. I want to give up and give in, but to what? I don't even know what I'm battling and that's so draining.

I wondered this morning what I've done to deserve this and then stopped....that's not the way it works. I'm not being 'punished' for something. So now I'm trying to be open to what God is teaching me through this. Am I putting too much faith in people and taking things for granted? Do I just need to slow down and take a break? Not sure, but I hope to have a restful night so I'm ready to take on whatever comes my way tomorrow; even if it's unplanned.

2 comments:

Betty Underground said...

Slow down. Don't forget to be in the moment. Life is what you make and learn on the journey to the destination.

Anonymous said...

only 4 times. thats how often mine gets broken into yearly. 6 accidents as well...

i am not sure if its about god as much as things happen and this is the test of your character. its easy to allow it to affect/control your feelings or you can control "it." which i think you will.