Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Someone tell me to stop!

I've been on the computer since 7am this morning...I've only been away from it to get and eat lunch (away from my desk, even), to get more coffee, to get some questions answered in person, oh...and to go to the bathroom. Now, I'm home and am back on the computer. You've probably already guessed this, but it's not just the computer, but really the internet is the problem.

What did we do before the internet? before email? before facebook? before blogs? I know that I'm coming into my busy season due to the conferences and events I'm planning, which means more time at work, on email and the computer. Even before taking on a new job or two, I was still working 12+ hours a day. Now, I'm doing at least that, but it's split up between day work and night work, which at least gives me a bit of variety and excitement.

I need a break...I think I'm going crosseyed from it all! I'm at least planning some meetings throughout the week which gets me out of the office for a break. I figure if I'm working in the office until 7pm each evening and eating my lunch at my desk (when I eat), I'm allowed to take a break in the afternoon. Besides, my boss would gladly kick me out for a break if he was around.

With that being said...I'm shutting the computer down and giving my eyes, as well as my sanity, a break.

Before I go...I've been thinking about getting another tattoo. Small, less than an inch, on my right wrist. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Sara said...

I know exactly what you mean - the internet sucks you in and before you know it you're hopelessly addicted .... I do get some help though. When the cats think I've had enough they stage a small intervention and sit on the keyboard until I get up and play.

Laura said...

I just told Ted that I want a tattoo there (left write though). He didn't like the idea but I still might do it. A good spot for a mantra/symbol - I think.