Thursday, December 13, 2007

A time of reflection

So much has been going on lately that I haven't taken much time to stop and do something other than bitch and moan. This morning, as I sit on my couch, looking out over the snow covered city outside my window, I'm taking a break and stopping for a few minutes.

Life is good...even with all of the technology frustrations I've had lately. I left work late the other night and had to scrape the ice and snow off my car for a few minutes. Most people complain about doing this, but during that time, I was so thankful that I had a car to be scraping off. So I didn't mind and actually enjoyed doing it. Weird.

I have parents who love me, even if we only talk once a week...sometimes less, depending on which parent it is. They support me in my decisions, for the most part, and are always there to help, if I need it. I think I take them for granted sometimes, especially when I wonder what it might be like when they're gone.

I have work I enjoy, even if all of it combined (between the 2-3 jobs) takes up the majority of my waking hours. Because I enjoy it, I don't mind that I'm doing it all the time. I work with great people and enjoy learning from them...all of them.

I have more than I could ever need. In fact, I'm getting rid of a bunch of things soon in preparation of moving. Fun story...I have a computer desk I've been trying to sell on Craigslist. Had a few bites, but no one really interested. I got an email the other day from a woman asking if it was still available and I said yes, that I'd give it to her for free. She was very excited about this as she wants to give it to a single mother of 3 who she helps through Big Brothers, Big Sisters. Someone just purchased a computer for this family, but they live in a 1 bedroom apartment and don't have much space. The woman thinks my desk will be just the right size. It makes me feel good to know it's going to someone who needs it...much more than I do.

I've met some very cool and interesting twenty-something people in my city recently. Two of them are very new and have talked about how hard it is to meet people (which it is), especially since they're in a start-up with one other person (an older woman), which limits their connections already. I'd love to invest in them and build relationships, but 1)don't have time, 2) I'm moving anyways, 3) they're much younger than I am (though that shouldn't really matter).

I just know that the next few months are going to be a whirlwind and will be over before I know it. I want to remember to take time to sit...reflect....breathe...and love the life I'm living. If you can't do that last part...do something about it. Change it! Life's not worth living unless it's good. Enjoy today!

2 comments:

freeandflawed said...

Fantastic post :)

tearsinmycoffee said...

Thanks freeandflawed...

I could add to this that my car was broken into last night, in my underground garage. My window is broken and the stereo is gone AND they took the table saw out of the trunk that was my step-dad's Christmas present.

Really, I laugh about this and am disappointed. It sucks that I have to deal with all of this, but am thankful I wasn't hurt. Yeah, it's my car...but it's not that big a deal. There are worse things that could've happened. =)