Friday, December 7, 2007

When the timing isn't right

Have you ever had a time in your life when the right person is there, but the timing isn't right? Last night on Grey's Anatomy, George told Izzy, "It's not our chemistry. It's our timing." Yeah, I lost it...

I've had one of those 'the timing isn't right' things. Had a great relationship with a guy back home, we talked about dating and decided it just wasn't the right timing, that maybe once we worked through some individual things, maybe. The timing definitely wasn't right as I moved away shortly after that. We remained in contact through phone calls and then one day, they just stopped. No explanation. He needed more time and I gave it to him and now feel like I've lost him forever. I haven't heard from him in over 2 years.

I don't know if I'm more upset that things didn't work out or that I don't know what happened. He and I had a special connection unlike anything I had experienced before. He was my best friend. He challenged me in my faith and could tell when I was lying to him about how I was doing...even over the phone he could tell. I didn't have to put on the facade with him and it was so refreshing to know that he'd still accept me, even with all my issues. Unconditional love is irreplaceable. He had a special nickname for me and every now and then I can still hear his voice call me that name, which brings a smile to my face and then tears to my eyes because of the ache in my heart.

I wonder if I'll ever have that again. Actually, that's not what I want. I need something better than that, which may be the only way for me to get over him and the heartache. Maybe someday, he'll track me down and show up on my doorstep, if the timing is ever right.


**This post brought to you by the movie and soundtrack for "A Lot Like Love" starring Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher. Storyline...these people meet on their flight and end up chasing each other, running into each other, showing up on each other's doorsteps over the next 6 years. There are other relationships going on throughout that time, including a divorce and an engagement, yet they feel the need to be with each other. **btw--hot scene in the movie where they pose for a time-lapsed photo in the nude and have to stand still, hugging each other, for a few minutes. Yeah...they can't stand still and well, you can figure out the rest.**

No comments: