Thursday, December 6, 2007

What a way to end the day

It was one of those days. I got in to work this morning and the next thing I knew, it was noon and I hadn't done much work. (This really is a lie as I had an hour long conversation with the hotel I've been having some problems with for an upcoming conference, I answered emails, and set up some meetings for people with an out-of-town visitor). When it came time to crack down and get to work, I couldn't sit still. I was very antsy and ended up leaving to get a Starbucks drink. I finally got productive around 2:30pm, but still didn't get much done.

So now on to the end of the day...my department has been down one full-time person since Sept. 1. My boss offered the position to someone late last week and today...she declined. Great! Now we're back to square one, during our busiest time of the season, with way too much to do. Thankfully, for me, I have other projects that allow me to stop my full-time job because the other things need attention. If I didn't have other projects, I'd be working 60+ hours a week on the same things. Not fun.

No comments: