Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Out of control

The past week and a half has been bad. Between dealing with the phone company and having my car being broken into, which had a whole chain of events brought with it (broken window-dead battery-Christmas presents stolen-stereo gone-had to get rental car and was charged 3 times for it) it's really taken a toll on me. Honestly, I'm a bit scared as to why this has been so hard on me.

This is not normal for me and I don't know if it's just the bad timing because of everything going on, but today, I wanted to give up. I mean walk away from everything...my full-time job, the new jobs, friends, Christmas (I'm not buying presents this year), everything.

I've got to shake this off and move on, but it seems that every time I get to a point of doing better, something else happens. I can't keep doing this and am trying to make a conscience effort to overcome it and what it's doing to me, but there must be something deep down that this is hitting because it just seems a lot harder than normal to move on.

3 comments:

freeandflawed said...

I'm sure the universe wouldn't present you with something you couldn't handle. Maybe in the grand scheme of things it's all happening to make you stronger and remind you that you're very resilient and capable of forging ahead :)

::hugs::

tearsinmycoffee said...

thanks for this. I'm sure hindsight will help me in the future.

btw--I'm determined to have a great day today. I'm taking control of my attitude and am not going to let things get me down. Moving on to finish out '07 in a great way!

Laura said...

I'm sorry you are going through this but it will get better.