Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Caution! Big decision ahead...

It's Wednesday night. I have until Monday morning to make a decision. Granted, my decision will not be the final decision, but it's still a big deal.

I've recently received a promotion at work that I'm quite happy about. However, in my job, I have to fundraise as I work at a non-profit organization. This is the part of my job that I dread the most. It's so hard for me to ask others to support what I do financially. It has been a struggle for 3 years. When I was given the promotion, I asked for a promotion, but agreed that I would raise the goal that has been set for me for three years and I have yet to reach. I haven't heard from my supervisor if he will give me the raise.

Over the weekend, I applied for a position that sounds very interesting, but is different from what I'm doing. It's not something that I can see myself doing for years and years and years, but could hang in for a few years, at least. The starting salary is the same as what I asked for in my current job, with no fundraising requirements. It's working with residents in a surgery program at a high profile hospital. Being around doctors wouldn't be so bad, huh?

I've been called about an interview and will meet with the group on Monday. I feel like I need to make a decision before I go in as to whether or not I'd take this job if offered. I'm not sure I want to have to make the decision on the spot if it is offered to me. So...now I'm faced with a few days of going back and forth about whether or not I would take the new job. Anticipation...it kills me sometimes!

No comments: