Wednesday, April 4, 2007

an·tic·i·pa·tion

Main Entry: an·tic·i·pa·tion
Function: noun
1 visualization of a future event or state

I can't believe it's only Wednesday night. Less than 48 hours ago, I was sitting in an interview for a job that I am very interested in. Since Monday afternoon, it has been so hard to focus at work and time just seems to be d..r..a..g..g..i..n..g along as slow as possible. I even had things on my calendar for Monday and Tuesday night, which I figured would pass time a bit more, but no. It's only Wednesday!

I think I did well in the interview. A surprise for me, when I showed up for the interview, one of my good friends was in the hallway. Lo and behold, her office is right around the corner from where my supervisor's office is (or would be...) That was a great surprise. It actually put me a little at ease seeing a familiar face. Then as I was headed down in the elevator, another friend that I'm in a Bible study with gets on. He at least knew that I was interviewing for this; my other friend had no idea.

The more I think about this opportunity, the more restless I get. It doesn't help that I feel very under appreciated and underpaid at work right now. That sure doesn't help with my motivation either. I really don't feel like investing myself in any projects as my hope is I won't be there much longer. I couldn't even stay in the office today and barely did any work. One plus is we have Friday off. :)

I should hear something about the next interview within a week. The supervisor will be out of town next week, which means the next round will be scheduled two weeks from now. Great...more waiting!

No comments: