Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm sorry...so sorry...

Saying I'm sorry is a hard thing for me to do. Part of it comes due to the fact that I am very confident in my abilities and decisions, therefore, sometimes I'm not aware that I've done anything wrong. The other part is because I hate to admit when I'm wrong.

This morning, the sermon at my church was from Galatians 5 and talking about the Fruit of the Spirit. An interesting point my pastor made is that it's not FruitS of the Spirit. It's singluar-Fruit. But wait, there's a list of things, right? His point was that they are not characteristics to be seperated apart. You know, this week I'll work on gentleness. Oh...I have the kindness thing down. No need to work on that!

I sent a few emails a while back apologizing for some things I've said, in a kidding manner, but may have hurt some feelings of those they were directed towards. Nothing extremely bad, but if someone had said them to me, I may have been a bit offended. My friends may not have thought twice about it, but I felt convicted during the message this morning to appologize for these things I've said. I did it with no problems and am glad I did. We'll see what my friends' replies are.

God has really been working in me the past few months and I'm so excited to see where this is going and what He has in store for me. I spoke with a good friend this morning about how I was doing after hearing about the job I wanted so badly. I could honestly say I'm doing better. I'm still a little hurt, but God is definitely healing me of my pain. Wait, I'm allowing him to heal me. This is a vital step in the process that I often can't accomplish. What's sad is it's usually the first step that needs to happen to be truly healed.

As I spoke with my friend about how I'm doing, I said, "I know that God is in control and all that jazz. He has a plan, I know." He went on to say, "It's not only about realizing God has a plan. It also means submitting to His plan and saying, 'OK, God...whatever you have in store for me, I'm OK with. You take over.'" I'm not sure I'm quite there yet, but am sure it will be soon...like maybe sometime this week.

May the Fruit of the Spirit be visible in your life this week. May you also be open to saying, "I'm sorry" and "God, you take over..."

No comments: