Sunday, March 18, 2007

March Madness

I love this time of year...March Madness. I don't follow college basketball all year until this time. Then, I'm superfan, but only for the teams I picked.

I don't have a method to who I pick other than reading about the teams online. I do, however have a method to my bracket. It's quite intense. I fill in my picks in colors-red for upsets, green for top seed finishers. I then highlight accordingly if I picked correctly or not. I even added in the times this year in colors, one for Thursday/Saturday and one for Friday/Sunday.

My boss is a bigger fan than I am. This is a good thing. He takes off from work to catch the games during that day. This in turn allows me to do the same. Yep, I have not been to work since Wednesday. I sat all day on Thursday and Friday watching the games. It's been a great time of rest and I've really enjoyed it, but...(couldn't you feel the but coming on?)

It hit me today that maybe I was a little 'too' in to the March Madness tournament. When something consumes my life to the point of taking off from work for it, I'm not sure that's a healthy obsession. Then I started to wonder why I can't get this excited about my relationship with Christ.

My plan in the morning is to make it to church for the first time in a few months. I've actually been twice, that I can think of, since Christmas, but both times I had to leave early because I couldn't sit there without crying. I've felt so distant and have pushed God away and out of my life that it's hard to let him back in. It's also hard for me to put on the "everything's great" face and smile at everyone who says they haven't seen me in a while. I can't decide which issue is a bigger area for me to tackle.

I'm hoping that March will bring a different kind of madness to my life. One that will help me open my heart and rekindle my realtionship with Christ. Let the madness begin!

No comments: