Thursday, January 31, 2008

Say what?

Have you ever said something that you wished you could take back? Maybe you spoke too soon or said something you really didn't mean to or used words to hurt someone you care about. I've learned over the past year to think about things before I speak, when I really have something to say. When something has really upset me, I take a while to think about how to communicate that, which is better than speaking out of hurt irrationally.

When do you decide it's better to share something with someone rather than ignoring it or never saying it? How much do you share--do you go deep and bare your soul or just enough to test the reaction of the one hearing the news before going any further? What if you've been burned in the past which causes you to keep your mouth shut in the future? Do you pass something over because of the past or take a chance and hope that the new outcome is better than before?

Don't have many answers on this...sending these questions out into the universe to see if those wiser than me have answers. My ears are open to your words of wisdom...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kind of reminds me that it is:

"It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all."

go for it. you can do it! living in wonders gets you no where. (ps i am a hypocrite a times:) )

Anonymous said...

I think for me it really depends on who is involved. For example, with my boyfriend, I completely open up. But I think I'd be a bit more guarded when it comes to most other people.

These are great questions that I never really spent much time thinking about before! How awesome of you to share :)