Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Some WHINE with that cheese?

**WARNING---I'm going to be a bit whiny here. You've been warned.**
I hate being sick. It doesn't happen too often but I've now been fighting a cold since Friday and I'm ready to be done with it. I can't sleep at night (I went to bed around 8:15pm last night...but was up all night long) and am coughing all the time. I feel miserable. I wish there was someone around to take care of me...to bring me food and OJ, to rub my back while I try to sleep, to keep me entertained with movies galore while I lay on the couch. Mom, man or other...doesn't matter to me, at least not right now.

I'm getting a little nervous about what may happen next week at my big conference as my co-worker STILL isn't getting things done. Before I left yesterday, I asked her if she wanted to stay late one night this week...that we could work together to get things done and order food in. She said she couldn't. So my reply was, well, as long as things are getting done. She then came back with, "Well, I'm doing what I can." Sad, but that's not cutting it right now. I'm trying to be patient and using the, 'we'll deal with the issues that arise when they arise' frame of mind...so hopefully it'll be OK.

Here's a selfish whine...I'm losing weight, which is great, but my clothes aren't fitting anymore. I bought a new pair of jeans a few weeks ago and had to go down a full size. They're already too big on me now. I am eating, just not as much and have cut snacking out A LOT! I'm working out every now and then (wish it was more) and am drinking lots of water. Funny...I work with people who were in sororities/fraternities in college and now work with Greek students. We, the staff, were all together a few weeks ago and I was basically asked by one staff if I had been eating. *These staff know first hand the signs for eating disorders as many of them have had them and know many students who are struggling with this now.* I've never had an eating disorder. I love food too much!!!! ;)

Alright...enough whining. I need to get to work for a bit and then I think I'm coming home to work from the couch and hide out. Love having that option!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sick too... it is NO FUN!!! yuck! i hope you feel better soon!