Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm in love!

It's been many years since I've felt like this. Something inside of me is waking up and the adrenaline is starting to pump. I'm a little scared of what's to come, but am willing to take the risk. It could hurt, yes. I could look the fool. But really...I don't care! This piece of me hasn't been alive in over 4 years and I'm ready to bring it back to my life.

I've been talking about my move to CA in a few months and have already been scoping some things out to help me get settled in. I've found it! Funkanometry! Yes, I'm talking about dance. But not just dance...hip hop/funk. Check this out:



Yep, I'm in love. They have a 10-week performance workshop (for CHEAP!) which is 6 hours of dance a week. They also have a Raw and Sexy class (Adults only, please) and a Femme Fatale workshop that's offered. Really...I don't think I'm going to invest in a gym membership when I can take these classes. I love being able to move to the beat (there's a difference from moving to the music!) and having someone else teach me in a fast-paced setting. It really gives my brain a workout, which has been lacking as well.

I can't tell you how freaking excited I am about this. It's been so long since I've taken a GREAT hip hop class like what this place offers. BTW--I'm already learning the dance from the video, just to get me started. ;)

2 comments:

Betty Underground said...

That was awesome! I haven't a dance class since, oh, I was younger and more limber and living in Los Angeles.

How is it that I did not know that this most awesome thing was in my backyard? Oh, because I haven't danced since I was late 20s and I am now, ahem 40!

I am down! I am in. You look me up and we take one of those sexy dance classes together!

tearsinmycoffee said...

Betty---you're on. I'll probably be in SF early April and may drop in for a class. I'll keep you posted. =) Would love to have a dance buddy try it out with me.