Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Gonna make a change, for once in my life...

They say it takes 21 days to make something a habit. If that's true, I'm hoping that 30 days will make it second nature. =)

I've signed up for NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, which means I'll be posting at least once a day, EVERY day for the month of November. I'm excited about this as it will force me to stop and reflect on something in my life each day. So often I make it to the end of the day and wonder where it all went.

Not only am I going to post each day (notice I didn't say PLAN to post...positive thinking, people!) but I'm also going to work on some other things:

  • Working out::I was on a role with this for a while and took a break because my knees weren't keeping up with me. Once they were ready to go again, I wasn't.

  • Reading::I have 3 books that I hope to read over the next month, 2 of which I've started. I'm notorious for starting a book and never finishing it. I'm looking at 6 books in my room that all have bookmarks in them that I've never finished. Wait, make that 7. Oops!

  • Finances::Seriously...I've got to get this in order. It's an area I avoid because it depresses me. Maybe a bottle of wine and chocolate will help make it more enjoyable.

  • Cooking::I LOVE to cook but don't do it. This will help with the finances thing listed above and will make life more enjoyable!

  • Happiness::There's so much in my life to be happy about, yet again, I often don't stop to realize what they are. I'm going to commit to add a "Happiness" piece in each blog post. =)



Alright...I could list 15 other things that I want to work on over the next month, but sometimes it's better to work on fewer things in order to do them well than many, many things and do them half-assed!

If you're a blogger, or even if you're not, I challenge you to join the NaBloPoMo. You can also join the group I created, Cheap Group Therapy: Do you use your blog as a way to put it all out there? To vent? As therapy (which is cheaper than shopping)? Are there secrets there for others to read? Then this is the group for you...

2 comments:

Misty said...

I linked to you through the NaBloPoMo Website... I think these are great goals you have and I really hope that it works for you! :) I may adapt the working out one too!
you are right to use blogging as therapy. Writing in general, really rocks that way:)

Laura said...

We might be the same person as my post today is very similar. Even more frightening is I have "Man in the Mirror" on a playlist on iTunes. It came on last night and I thought to myself - "oh, how perfect. I should use this in my blog title tomorrow."

And well, I forgot about that thought until reading your blog but my post this morning was very much along the same lines. SCARY!

Still, I appreciate the kindred spirit!!!