Saturday, November 1, 2008

Do you know what Nov 1 means?

NaBloPoMo starts today (thanks for the reminder FreeAndFlawed). What does that mean? 30 posts in 30 days. I'm actually excited about this as I really have things I need to take time to think about and blogging is my way of doing that. (I seriously sound like a broken record and say this ALL. THE. TIME!)

I've been thinking a lot lately about making this blog known. Only a handful of my friends know about it. So few I could count on one hand. However, I think there's something to be said about being transparent with those in my life. On the other hand, I don't know that I want everyone and their dog knowing what's going on, which makes it nice that people who know me don't know about it. Such a debate. Any thoughts on this from anyone??? I've thought about starting a public blog, just to keep private and public separate.

I anticipate the next 30 days of blogging to help me see my strengths, especially in work, as well as the areas I need to work on and making strides in becoming a better person. If you're participating in NaBloPoMo, what are your goals over the next 30 days?

2 comments:

April said...

wow - we think a LOT alike. I too have been toying with the idea of writing an anonymous blog so I can be more honest in my writings, and use them therapeutically for some of the skeletons in my closet.

but them i'm paranoid and am SURE that someone i know will figure out it's me and then my whole life will be exposed. my failings, my fears, my dirty secrets, my sins, me just standing there naked for someone else to pore over with a microscope.

what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Well up until a few months ago, my blog was open to the public, but most of my real life friends didn't know about it. Then after BlogHer, my crazy stalkers found me again. I ignored them and for the most part, I don't even think about them.

My take...unless you're talking about something you wouldn't want your boss, mother or former friend finding out about, then don't worry about it. Blog because you want to blog.

Get active in a couple of NaBloPoMo Ning groups and you can get more readers in NO time! Just have fun with it.