Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Daylight savings time screwed me over!

I looked at my post from yesterday and it's stamped as today. No, no, no...it was completed by midnight PST on Sunday. I think maybe my time zone is still listed as central which may be the problem. Anyways...I did post yesterday.

Today's been a weird day. I'm in the process of a job hunt, kinda, as my current job just put me to commission only due to the economy. I'm fine with staying on and doing work with them as it's a great opportunity, but I've got to make some real money too. There are a few good leads of companies that rock with positions that could be fun, but I haven't updated the resume yet. Need to do that as most of these places ask for one. I even got word that the company of my dreams has a position open that I'd love to do. It's a small step back from what I'm doing now but I'm sure it could grow into something freakishly amazing. This company is AWESOMESAUCE to the max and I interact with it everyday. I plan to update that resume first thing in the morning and kick it on over, probably before I even vote!

Which leads me to the big election tomorrow. I am very excited about what's to come. I'll say it, I think and hope Obama wins, partially because I think Palin is a horrible option for VP. Obama has a spark to him. He's very charismatic, unlike McCain, and I think he'll do some good for the country. I've heard friends say things like, "Obama makes me proud to be an American again." That's good stuff. Is Obama the right person for office? Not totally, but I think he's the best option on the ballot.

I really hope people take the time to vote tomorrow. I often feel like "Who am I...just one person. Is my vote really going to matter?" and then I'm reminded that just over 500 votes (or something like that) last year won Bush the presidency. That's a small margin.

Whoever comes into office, my greater hope is that the country will support them 100%. I can't stand people who for 4 (or 8) years say "Well, I didn't vote for 'em." This is the President of the United States we're talking about, people. He's our leader...trying to do what's right for the millions of us who call this place home. Realize too, he doesn't make the decisions alone and has a team of advisors. So anytime he makes a decision that you don't approve of, remember that he's not a lone ranger.

So just do it. Vote. And educate yourself on the local politics as those should matter even more as they affect you more. :) Yes we can!

No comments: