Saturday, September 15, 2007

Confrontation time

Yeah, so I haven't been around for a while...two months to be exact. And a lot has been going on, which is part of why I haven't posted lately. The other part is because there's a lot I need to confront and just don't want to. My heart's starting to soften, so I'll start now.

Work stuff:My boss moved away about 6 weeks ago. He's still my boss, but isn't working in the national office with me. No big deal here, other than learning communication as he's not easily available has been interesting, and even frustrating at times.

The other big news is that my co-workers last day with our department was yesterday. That means it's just me now in the office, which isn't that big of a deal. The bigger issue is we're starting our busiest planning time and were without someone in the full-time position last year, which meant I was doing 1.75 people's jobs (at no extra pay) and hated it. I usually love my job (no, really!), but the last 2 weeks have been bad, knowing I'll soon be facing the same things as this time last year. I had to leave work twice this week because I couldn't stand being there. It was bad. I've expressed these concerns to my boss and am trying not to anticipate so much. He's been great and keeps telling me that if anything new comes on to my plate, something else will leave. He doesn't want me working overtime and knows how bad it was last year. He told me all of this for the 3rd time this week and I think it's finally settling in.

New work opportunity:I really have no idea how this has happened, but I'm being contracted out to help with a conference in California. This is very exciting for me, but still baffles me as to how this all came about. The person I'll be working with is very passionate about what he does, which just excites me even more about the opportunity. He believes in what he does and is dedicated to it. As we've started working together (he has a conference planned in a few weeks that I've jumped into helping with), we've already had some issues come up, but have worked through them amazingly well. I know I'm going to learn a lot about myself, my work, and working with others. It's going to be challenging, which only makes it more exciting!

Car stuff:I've had 3 car issues, none related to each other, over the past 6 weeks. So frustrating...enough for me to breakdown about it. Usually, not a big deal, but after the 3rd time, I had had enough. GRRR!!!

God stuff:I'm not questioning God right now, but haven't talked to him almost as long as I've posted here. I get so freaking independent and think I can do it on my own, yet know deep down that I can't. Again, my heart's starting to soften and wake up in this area...we'll see what happens.

Alright, that's about all I can handle right now. I hope to post more often (don't I say that EVERY time??). I doubt anyone even reads this, but really, it's something I need to do in order to stop, think and process all that's going on.

No comments: