Friday, April 4, 2008

What dreams are made of

I woke up crying this morning because of a dream. Not a few tears, but a lot. There's a lot of interpretation that can go into dreams and I have used http://dreammoods.com to help me figure out what was going on in mine. I won't go into to the dream, but will tell you that I didn't recognize anyone in it.

1. Underpass of a bridge, but had to search for BRIDGE on Dream Moods: "Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage."

2. Shooting: "To dream that you shoot a person with a gun, denotes your aggressive feelings and hidden anger toward that particular person." Yes, I shot someone with a gun in my dream, but I was also being shot at. It was like it was a game...hide-and-go-seek like.

3. Dying: "To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person."

4. Swiss army knife, but had to search for KNIFE: "Alternatively, the knife may be symbolic of something divisive in your life. You may be attempting to cut ties or sever some relationship." There were two knives in my dream. One that I had and one that the person I shot had. His was broken and old, mine was newer. Both had names engraved on them, but not names that I recognized.

Wow--all 4 of these interpretations have to do with what is going on in life right now...things I don't know for sure that I want to happen, but maybe need to happen. I don't know anymore. I want to avoid the whole thing, but feel it's important to make things right and figure it all out.

Life--so exciting and yet so frustrating at the same time.

No comments: