Monday, April 7, 2008

Internal struggle

When your heart and your head are in a struggle, which one should win the battle?

Head? This is the logical way of thinking. It knows what's right, has rhyme and reason and is sometimes the bully in the battle.

Heart? This is the emotional way of thinking. Often, it knows something completely unseen by the head. Some would say that the heart and the gut are cousins. My gut is mute as I usually have a heart feeling...not a gut feeling.

My head is telling me to watch out. It's actually trying to protect my heart...like a big brother. However, while the head is protecting the heart, it's not overpowering the shouting of my heart.

Grrrr....why can't these two just live in harmony?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Lead with your heart. Your head will help you if it doesn't work out.