Monday, May 14, 2007

Vacation!

"Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone"
Words of wisdom from The Go-Gos

I'm so excited that I'm on vacation this week. Sad that my original plans of heading back to Oklahoma for a week and a half of fun fell through, but I'm pumped about having a week off. It's definitely much needed time off as the past few months have been super emotional.

I've started the week off right by being out of bed by 7am this morning. No, I didn't set my alarm. I'm just a natural early bird. That just means I get more out of my day, right?

This past weekend actually started off my vacation. I took off early from work on Friday and hung out with a friend that evening. Then Saturday, I was up early (ok...9am this time) and went down to the local farmer's market, then did some shopping and sat outside next to the lake with my lunch and a book. It was BEAUTIFUL, as you can see in the picture to the left! Sunday morning started with church (what a great way to start the day!) and then proceeded to be the best day as I got to take a nap in the afternoon. I caught the Bulls/Pistons game (I'm calling that the Bulls will come back and win the series!) and caught up on some emails.

What's on my scheudle for this week:

  • Spring cleaning, which is much needed at this point...

  • Washing and cleaning the car

  • Reading books that are stacking up on my bookshelf. I doubt I'll make it through many of them, but it's a goal, right?

  • Purging items I don't need anymore, like clothes that don't fit anymore (because they're too big, I'm happy to report!)

  • Staying away from my work email as much as possible. I'm such a workaholic that I really hope I can break the habit this week of obsessively checking my email.



Any suggestions on other things I should do this week? I'm open to suggestions...

No comments: