Monday, August 11, 2008

Listen to what he DOES...

I've been so delinquent lately on posting and I apologize. I blame it partially on the fact that there have been some major things happen over the past few weeks (no...I don't have a NEW job!) I also blame it on avoiding things I don't want to deal with or think about. Same old story, right?

Last time I checked in, the topic was dating and how there was a major lack in my life of it. Interesting enough, there's someone who has caught my eye, but I'm afraid I may be reading too much in to things. The basics:

1. As I mentioned, I've been traveling for my job lately. He's been traveling with us as well. However, it wasn't until 2 weeks into being on the road that I even realized he was there.
2. The first night I really noticed him, there were a few flirtations between us, with him initiating. Cute. ;)
3. He walked me home to my hotel as we had both been drinking with a group. Not sure how he and I ended up together at the end of the night. Seems like it just happened that we were the last two there. I made the "goodbye" quick and headed for the elevators before there was a chance for anything to happen. *I'm so stupid sometimes!*
4. After one of our events, he walked back with me to my hotel so I could drop supplies off before meeting up with everyone. As we took a little break in the hotel room, I asked him what he had enjoyed so far during the trip we had been on. He looked at me and said, "Spending time with you...right now. Hearing your stories." I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.
5. We went out to meet up with everyone and couldn't find them. We ended up at a local bar, talking all night. He asked me what my favorite part of our trip had been and I said, "Right now...spending time with you." His response? "Stop it..can you tell I'm blushing?" *he really was*
6. He walked me back to my hotel, but he was the one who left quickly this time.
7. In the next city, we met up with a group of people, briefly chatted, sat next to each other at the bar...was a little awkward.
8. The last time I saw him, he accidentally dumped my food on the floor. He was very embarrassed and kept saying he was. I told him it wasn't a big deal. He left soon after that happened.

He did offer to show me around San Francisco and take me to a baseball game, but as someone much wiser than I said, "Listen to what he DOES, not what he SAYS." This has really screwed with my head as now I feel like I'm playing games and waiting on him to make a move. Argh! I hate being in that position. Honestly, for all I know, he's dating someone. I do know there's someone else interested in him in the extended circle of friends that we share.

Mixed signals make for a confused me! I'd love to just ask him out on a date, but am scared that may take things a little too far, too fast. I'm sure we'll see each other again at some point, but am so impatient that waiting is killing me. ;)

Oh the drama of what I call my life. I *heart* it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say take it slow, let it follow it's own course and just have fun with whatever it is. Either way, sounds like someone fun to flirt with.