Sunday, July 1, 2007

What I Love About Men


I read this on Charming, But Single's blog. Wanted to share as it's many of the same things I love about men.

So, in honor of those Good Ones, who don’t deserve the wrath they sometimes get, who are just as fed up as I am, who really will call, I present, in no particular order, Things I Love About Men:

  • Their smell, sometimes musky, sometimes dirty, always irresistible.

  • Long conversations about nothing over beers.

  • Hands that wrap around mine and make them look downright tiny in comparison.

  • How confused they are by really fancy high heels.

  • That cute butt wiggle they do when you’re alone with them and teasingly comment on their backsides. The one where they rock their hips back and forth like a three year old imitating a chicken or a duck. So aware of how cute they really are.

  • The excited looks they get when they’ve created something or built something or done something that they really want to share. Like a child or an excited puppy.

  • Boxer briefs.

  • Their odd loyalty to their pals.

  • Ties.

  • How easy it is to distract them.

  • Their hands on the small of my back, just to let me know that they are there.

  • How they take me seriously when I ask, “Is football the one with the touchdowns?” (Yes, I know. I’m being patronizing. But thanks for so sweetly explaining the game I’ve been watching since I was knee high to a grasshopper.)

  • Deep voices.

  • That flipping thing my stomach does when the right man is walking toward me.

  • How easily I fit into the space next to them, in between their arms and bodies.

  • When they reassuringly rub my knee under the table.

  • Their inability to maintain a poker face when you they see you dressed up in a hot little dress.

  • Their insistence that seeing you in sweats and a tank top is just as sexy. Even though they’re lying.

  • How good my hands feel in their hair. (Or rubbing their bald heads.)

No comments: