Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This is my FIRST post for today

Pay no attention to what the time stamps says, this is my first post today. The previous post was before midnight PST, but my Blogger settings showed I was in CST. BOOO!

So yes, I voted. It took less time to vote than t did to walk to the polling place 2 blocks away. Was a little ticked that they didn't ask for identification when I checked in. I could've been anyone. Disturbing, really.

Everyone's talking about how there are more people voting in this election than ever before. This is a big day! After I voted, I got home to find out that a friend had been 'outted' by a 'friend' on a public social network that he was voting for McCain. He made mention of it at lunch and this 'friend' decided to publicly post who he was voting for. Wouldn't have been a huge deal (besides the fact that it wasn't the 'friends' right to share that info with the world), but come to find out that my friend was getting threatening emails because of who he voted for. What?!?! He says he's had over 70 negative/threatening interactions because of who he voted for. (We work within the social networking community, so everyone knows everything about what's going on!)

This really makes me sad and mad all at the same time. Yes, each party wants THEIR candidate to win, but really...threatening someone because of who they voted for? Way out of line. We're adults people and should act like it. Is that so hard?

Bottom line is it doesn't matter who you voted for, as long as you voted! I really hope that no matter who is our President elect tomorrow morning that there is no violence. For once, we need to come together as a country and be united. Seriously!

No comments: